A few months ago, the idea to produce a western anthology sprouted. Several talented authors had been asked to participate and the result―amazing.
Unshod―An anthology of traditional and contemporary western short stories where raw emotions and heartbreaking experiences became a reality.
These aren’t your granddaddy’s westerns. They’re the next generation’s, and they’re darn good.
Here’s a peek at what’s in store:
- Feel the pain of a young Japanese girl who comes home from an internment camp after World War II and learns it’s easier to go with the flow than to fight the current.
- Struggle with an expectant mother on the cold winter prairie while she waits for her husband to come home from a hunting trip.
- Journey with a young woman to the Four Corners as she tries to connect with her Navajo ancestors.
- Try not to believe in the superstition of the blue moon—if one dies, three more will follow.
Know that one way or another, life will change inalterably that day.
- Walk in the footsteps of an old cowpoke who thought he made the deal of a lifetime.
- Suffer the torments of a young lady who wants desperately to marry but seems destined never to wed.
- Walk the wild western paths and run from unimaginable dangers.
- Choose between an unhappy life of luxury or a happy life of simplicity.
I hope you’ll download this free book, enjoy the read and maybe even write a short review.